Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Rockstar Bag


Sorry things have been so quiet around here lately! There's been a lot brewing and I will share soon, but for now, I am sharing my latest bag which is the Rockstar Bag by Sew Sweetness. I had the opportunity to test her newest pattern and like all of Sara's patterns, it's totally fab!


This bag is a medium sized handbag with plenty of room for all your essentials. On the exterior there is a zippered pocket and a snap pocket, and you have your choice of a shoulder strap or handles. It has a top zip to keep the contents secure and two interior zip pockets. 

The pattern has a LOT of pieces and it seems a bit daunting when you are cutting what seems like endless pieces (or maybe that's just me because I hate cutting fabric lol) but it was a relatively quick sew considering all the pieces. I used a print from Pat Bravo's Rock and Romance line, because it seemed appropriate. I'm planning to add some bling to that front pocket but didn't get around to it yet. I am thinking of adding some iron on nickel skulls to the flap but maybe that would be too much?



This was my first time attempting to use rivets and I can tell you, rivets and I are NOT friends. I tried and tried and could not get them, so what you see on my handle tabs are actually eyelets that covered the mistakes I made with the rivets. I got over confident after the 20th attempt in my practice fabric and thought I could do it and I was very upset thinking that I had just ruined this bag, but I don't think the eyelets look bad. We will just pretend they are rivets. I've since learned that the problem was not me but using a much too long post on the rivets so hopefully if I get brave enough to do them again we will get along much better. 





Head over to Sara's shop and pick up a copy of this pattern, you will not be disappointed!


2 comments:

RaspberrySunshine said...

You did a fantastic job!!! Keep trying rivets and eventually it will get easier. I have a love hate relationship with bias tape & binding LOL! How are you feeling? Cindy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bag, and I hate the cutting part too LOLL