Thursday, March 27, 2014

Edelweiss Backpack

                               

I was lucky enough the newest pattern by Sara of Sew Sweetness, The Edelweiss Back Pack. Let me tell you, I had one ecstatic 4 year old over this bag.

                            

I purchased this zombie print by Riley Blake a few weeks back and my little guy was totally enamored by this fabric the second I took it out of the box. He immediately claimed it as his and asked me to make something out of it for him. He initially requested a shirt, but I was not digging the shirt idea so when Sara asked me to test the back pack, I knew it was meant to be. 


                             

The back pack came together very quickly, which was great considering I had very anxious 4 year old asking if it was done every five minutes. The inside is finished by adding binding, which makes it a bit slower for me, as I prefer to finish my binding by hand. 

                       
He was also insisted that I add a tag that says "Mommy made this for me", but he was ok with me just adding a Nosy Pepper label as long as I put it where he said (on the back..."so people can see it"). How can I deny that?

The bag is the perfect size for my little guy and he was super proud to take it to preschool and show it off. It's not as big and cumbersome as some of the book bags out there, but fits in a regular size school folder and some extras as well. He also pointed out that the front pockets are the perfect size to fit in his cars :)

If you have been looking for a book bag pattern, I highly recommend this one! The zipper was totally easy to put in (don't be scared!) and it doesn't take much fabric at all. It only has a few pattern pieces to cut (which makes me happy as I hate it cutting fabric lol).

He Approves!!!


                          





1 comment:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It looks so much fun! And I think that gray fabric with the orange accents is perfect for a little boy!