Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lapin Noir Bag

Have I said how much I ADORE Sara of SewSweetness' bags?

They are seriously amazing.

Every. Single. One.

When Sara asked for testers for her newest pattern, the Lapin Noir Bag, I of course volunteered. This bag, like her others, is very unique and practical. I love that her bags are just as functional as they are adorable! This bag was no different.

Sara's patterns are seriously so easy to follow and walks you through every step clearly enough that you can finish any of her bags, even if one of the techniques is totally new to you. I think the most time consuming part of any of her patterns is the cutting, interfacing and organizing of all the pieces. I think that took me just as long as the sewing did....but I HATE those steps.

This was easily an afternoon project for an intermediate sewer. I cut and interfaced the bags on a Friday evening and started sewing the bag Saturday afternoon and was done in just a few hours. It has so many pockets!! The exterior has a HUGE zippered pocket nd a small cell pocket to keep your phone handy. The interior has both a zippered pocket and a large divided slip pocket. It's a really versatile bag and can be worn as a shoulder bag with the bag folded (so, so cute) or you can use the handles if you prefer.

This bag is so awesome, I love it!!! I want to keep it for me, I need to make another one ASAP!






No comments: